We provide many dental services available for your oral health. In the event that we feel the procedure you require is outside the scope of our expertise, we will refer you to a specialist who can better treat your needs. After the specialist has completed the recommended treatment for you, our office will be ready to handle your follow-up care.
We offer the following procedures:
- Laser surgery of soft tissue conditions
- Crowns and Bridges
- Bleaching of teeth – In office power bleaching and take home bleach trays
- Intra-oral photographs
- Non Surgical Periodontal Therapy
- Full and Partial Dentures
- Velscope Oral Cancer Screening
- Restorative Fillings (amalgam and resin)
- Digital x-rays for clarity and lower radiation
- Air abrasion technology (no drilling required)
- Nightguard Therapy, to relax the jaw muscles at night and to protect your teeth from the harmful effects of grinding.
- Pediatric (Children’s) Dentistry, to ensure your child is comfortable and receives proper treatment.
- Cleanings, for good oral health and prevention of gingivitis.
- Scaling and Root Planing, to prevent some of the causes of gum disease and breath.
- Minor Gum Surgery, to correct and prevent further harm to tooth, bone, and gum tissue.
- Sealants, for added protection against tooth decay.
Thinking of having your teeth whitened? Call Donna F. Helton, D.D.S.,PC at 792-5146 and she will get you started! Watch this video for more information.
Posted by Showcase Magazine on Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Looking for a way to be more comfortable during dental treatment? We are happy to announce that we are now offering Nitrous Oxide (laughing gas) to our patients. Nitrous Oxide is an option for feeling more calm and relaxed in the dental chair. Nitrous also helps manage patient comfort during treatment. After we have reviewed your medical history, we will be able to determine if Nitrous Oxide would benefit you!
If you are a candidate for Nitrous, you will wear a mask (over your nose only) during treatment. Nitrous Oxide works very quickly and pain alleviating properties develop after two or three minutes of use. It is very safe, has few side effects and the drugs used have no ill effects on the heart, lungs, kidneys or brain. It has also been found to be very effective in eliminating or at least minimizing severe gagging.
Overall we have found the use of Nitrous Oxide to be a great improvement in patient comfort and although there is a modest fee for the administration of the laughing gas, patients have commented that the benefits far outweighed the cost!
Check out more about Nitrous Oxide on the American Dental Association website.